- Past Exhibitions
- 2012-2013 Judith Leiber – An American Journey : From Artisan To Fashion Icon
- 2008: Antique Chinese Porcelains from Eight Dynasties (206 BCE to 1912)
- 2009: Will Barnet Prints / Gerson Leiber Watercolors
- 2010: Japanese Woodblock Prints from the Leiber Collection
- 2011: DRAWINGS DRAWINGS DRAWINGS: Recent Works on Paper by Gerson Leiber
- Past Exhibitions
- Judith Leiber
- Gerson Leiber
- The Garden
In 2005, Gerson and Judith Leiber built a gallery to house their works of art and to chronicle their careers, offering an unparalleled retrospective of their creations over the past many decades.
The Leiber Collection, a magnificent Renaissance styled Palladian edifice, sits majestically in a sublime sculpture garden that borders six additional gardens, each designed by Gerson Leiber, in a style befitting the local geography. Considered by many to be the best kept secret of the Hamptons, you are in for a real treat as you peruse the exquisite jewel of a museum and explore the charming gardens.
Please join us for our Opening Celebration Garden Tea Party on Saturday, May 27th from 2:00 – 5:00pm.
Our new exhibition is titled Magnificent Obsession ~ Fashion, Passion and Collection, and will showcase the collections of five passionate Judith Leiber Collectors in the main gallery. Also on view will be Gerson Leiber paintings and prints from his Fashion Series of the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s in the painting gallery, as well as some special bags from Judith Leiber’s Collection in the permanent gallery.
Also see Judith and Gerson Leiber at the following museums
The Long Island Museum, a Smithsonian affiliate, has a dual exhibition of handbags by Judith Leiber and paintings by Gerson Leiber on view that opened on February 27 and will run through June 4, 2017. The exhibition is entitled “Brilliant Partners : Judith Leiber’s Handbags & The Art of Gerson Leiber”. The Museum is located at 1200 Route 25A in Stony Brook. It has long been an exhibition center for American history and art with a Long Island connection. The Museum’s website is www.longislandmuseum.org
The Museum of Arts and Design (MAD), in New York City, will host a major exhibition of Judith Leiber handbags titled “Judith Leiber ~ Crafting a New York Story”. The exhibition will be on view from April 4 to September 17, 2017. MAD is highly regarded for its superb display and interpretation of contemporary and historic innovative art and design. The Museum is located at 2 Columbus Circle in Manhattan. Its website is www.madmuseum.org
For further information phone (631) 329-3288 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Leiber Collection is located at 446 Old Stone Highway in the East Hampton hamlet of Springs, New York. Click here for Directions.
The Leiber Collection is free and open to the public from Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day on Saturdays, Sundays and Wednesdays from 1 – 4pm, and at other times for group tours by appointment. For further information phone (631) 329-3288 or email: email@example.com
- New York Post - The WWII love story behind NYC’s sparkliest handbags
- New York Magazine - Hillary Clinton and Sex and the City Loved These Rhinestone Purses
- WAG Magazine - Celebrating the Creativity of Judith Leiber
- Dexigner - Judith Leiber: Crafting a New York Story
- East Hampton Star - Leiber Handbags Celebrated at the Museum of Arts and Design
- Hadassah Magazine - Judith Leiber: All in the Bag
- Couture Notebook, "Judith Leiber: Crafting a New York Story” with Crystal Minaudières
NO MERE BAGATELLES, the story of Holocaust survivor and handbag design genius Judith Leiber and modernist artist Gerson Leiber, has just been published. Read more here.